HMRC Key EIS Statistics – October 2016
Last month, the UK government released the latest statistics on the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) and companies raising funds through the scheme. The following is a summary;
Enterprise Investment Scheme
- Since the Enterprise Investment Scheme was launched in 1993-94, over 24,620 individual companies have received investment through the scheme and almost £14.2 billion of funds have been raised.
- Data for 2014-15 shows that 3,265 companies raised a total of £1,816 million of funds under the EIS scheme. In 2013-14, 2,840 companies raised £1,591 million of funds.
- Data for 2014-15 show that the 1,660 companies raising funds for the first time under the scheme raised a total of £1,022 million compared with 1,405 first time companies raising £897 million in 2013-2014.
- In 2014-15, companies from the Business Services sector accounted for over £600 million of investment (one third of all EIS investment)
- London and the South East continued to account for the largest proportion of investment with companies in these regions receiving 65% of investment in 2014-15
Diane Roberts, CEO, Colman Equity, commented that “it is great to see so many companies raising funding under the EIS scheme in the year to March 2015 and over 1500 companies raising funding for the first time.”